Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chapter 4 Reflection

Chapter 4 is on portfolios for teachers. This blog will talk about the types of documentation that is needed for the supporting documentation section of the portfolio. I did not know until reading this chapter that teachers needed or could have portfolios but now I understand the usefulness of them and how it could benefit me in my job hunt after graduation. There are certain types of documents that are need in these portfolios for them to be accepted. One type of supporting documentation that will be needed is a table of content that has links to different parts of the portfolio. It also helps with organization of it as well. If you are using student work in your portfolio you have to have signed note from the parents/guardian and the student giving you permission to show the child’s work. It has to also include things call artifacts. Artifacts are tangible evidence of successful achievement of necessary knowledge and skills and the ability to apply understanding to complex tasks. Examples include but or not limited to resumes, transcripts, and an educational philosophy statement. I am not sure what an educational philosophy statement is, but I am sure that I will learn more about what it is later on in my college career, but from reading this chapter I have somewhat an understanding of it. Other supporting documents are lesson plans, unit plan, and videos of you teaching. Supporting documents just make it known that you are a real teacher and that you know what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment